Twyt 0.9.1 - Under The Same Stars
By Andrew Price, 2009-02-17 22:01:50 in General.
This release cycle has been pushed along by suggestions, patches and testing from users of the twyt command line client, so the twyt Twitter API module has only undergone some tweaks and just a few additions to the set of supported API methods.
Changes to the twyt client include:
- A 'namecache' subcommand, intended for making tab completion scripts more useful
- Better support for using twyt in pipelines (you can now pipe messages into 'twyt tweet')
- Now prints screen names instead of real names (by popular demand)
- A 'sing' subcommand (it's silly, but it gets used)
- Better non-ASCII character handling
The #twyt hashtag is getting used quite regularly now, but for bug reports and patches please stick to good, old-fashioned email.
What are the odds of you implementing a local cache of timeline fetches, to:
1. avoid unnecessary refetches
2. provide a "backup" of tweets
If you're not interested in that, I might look into it.